Soaring Eagle announces plans for online casino games and sports betting
MOUNT PLEASANT, MI – Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort has announced a new partnership with two companies to expand its reach into online gaming and sports betting.
Soaring Eagle will launch the “Eagle Casino & Sports” online platform which will allow users to play online games and access a bookmaker. The games that will be available online will include both slot machines and table games. Currently, Soaring Eagle aims to launch the project in early 2022.
“Kambi Group” will be the multi-channel sports betting partner, while “GAN” will provide a platform for the integration of online games and sports betting.
“Together they will provide a great experience for players,” said a statement from Soaring Eagle.
In a press release, Kambi Group said that, under the terms of the deal, Saginaw Chippewa Gaming Enterprises will integrate Kambi’s sports betting platform for on-site deployments at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort and Saganing Eagles. Landing Casino & Hotel, in addition to the launch of the online bookmaker.
At the same time, a separate press release from GAN said that the company will be working on the design and development of an iGaming and sportsbook front-end web application with Soaring Eagle for Apple iOS and Android systems.
Online casino gambling and sports betting was legalized in Michigan in January 2021 after Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed bipartisan legislation allowing it in 2019.
MLive previously reported that Michigan’s online gaming regulations are unique in that the framework for online gaming and sports betting includes both commercial and tribal casinos.
A percentage of the accumulated taxes will go to different funds in the states. MLive previously reported that for tribal casinos, 90% of online sports betting tax payments go to the Internet Sports Betting Fund, with the remaining 10% going to the Michigan Strategy Fund. For internet gaming, tribal payouts are allocated 20% to the governing body of the local jurisdiction for services, 70% to the state’s Internet Gaming Fund, and 10% to the Michigan Strategic Fund.
More from MLive
Things to Know As Online Gambling, Sports Betting Becomes Legal in Michigan
Do you have to pay taxes on sportsbook winnings in Michigan?
“We’re going to have a mess here:” Signs of increased problem gambling are apparent in Michigan
In just 10 days, sports bettors in Michigan bet $ 115 million online in January